SKOLDO is a French learning scheme for children.
After many years of research and teaching, Lucy Montgomery has developed Skoldo, a unique primary programme for teaching French.
She started Ecole Alouette in 1991 on the family farm in Kent and taught daily, amending her teaching scheme to produce ‘Skoldo’.
Her books ‘to learn French’ are specifically designed for schools, home educators and families.
Skoldo also offers a Spanish Elementary book.
‘Skoldo’ is a fun and thorough way to learn primary French. The books enjoy success and recognition from schools all over the world from reception to Year 6 (5 to 11 years). Teachers and parents appreciate the ease in which the lesson plans can be prepared and effectively taught.
All our resources are organised in age range and can be used independently or as a complete support package. Our site has been designed to support parents and home educators as well teachers and schools.
- Choose from a selection of teaching material.
- Skoldo online has the video soundtracks for each pupil book.
- Easy to follow instructions.
- Download Schemes of Work (more are being developed). Teachers’ Handbook offers photocopiable extended cross-curricular material.
- Skoldo online has pronunciation support videos for each book.
- New material being added all the time.
- Large discounts available for bulk book purchases.
Lucy Montgomery studied French and Music at Homerton College, Cambridge and taught primary French in London and Kent.
She started Ecole Alouette on the family farm in Kent when her three children were very young.
Her interests are medieval Anglo French history, conservation and afternoon tea.
She and her husband Robert farm on the Isle of Skye: www.waternishfarm.com
Lucy has recently written her first novel “Ask Not Why”: amzn.to/2G4GGe5